Friday 29 March 2013

Wow! I Got Connection

Now I know I said I wen't on holiday, and I was not able to connect to the internet. Well there is actually Free WI-FI here. So I am now able to post things onto my blog during my holiday.

Well, my holiday so far is going pretty well. It took us around 31/2 hours to get here by car. When we arrived we saw the great view of the royal gardens and the parks which surround the complex. We drove past Birmingham and we arrived at the hotel called '  Bosworth  ' it is an old fashioned hotel which has a large history.

When we entered the building we had to wait a while so I started to read a book, or leaflet on the place. I got to this place within the book which started talking about   ' The Grey Lady '   .

You may be wondering what happened and why she had this name. Well let me tell you.

One day, back in the 16th century. The owner of Bosworth house had a daughter. When this daughter reached 17 years of age, she fell in love with a beautiful man a bit older than herself. Every night she used to creep out of her room and meet her lover on the gardens of Bosworth. Her father was told of this and he was not happy with her. Her father never liked her daughters lover, so one night he watched out of his balcony window. His daughter passed. The next night in the same place, her father set a snare trap, or something like that, and awaited the a arrival of his daughter.His daughter passed and got caught by the trap leaving her to bleed rapidly. She was so far away from where she was supposed to meet her lover, that he left leaving her on the gardens. The next day a servant brought her in still alive but barely. She was put into the hospital of the hotel, later to die 5 days later in her bed.

The locals still believe that her ghost still walks to the same place her long lost lover was supposed to meet her. Only until she sees him again will she be put to rest.

This is the story of  ' The Grey Lady '  this story was passed down for 500 hundred years and it is still being passed down by the modern day.

The Grey Lady now walks all over the hotel complex and in the corridors, and at night in the gardens looking for her lover.

Hope you enjoyed the old folk tales of Bosworth.

During this weekend I will only be posting about my trip. On the Tuesday 2nd March I will start posting things about inform 7 again. Sorry, but you are welcome to join the experience.

Thanks,
danielfrogs




No comments:

Post a Comment