Sunday 24 March 2013

Word of Advice

When ever you make a game useing inform 7 I have always said to always, always make a mind map. I use MindMaple. A really good site. When ever you make a room just pop it onto the map. That way you wont frgt which way everything is when creating a game.

This is not really every ones taste but I honestly recommend doing so as it will help you.

Now let me tell you a story of when I first ever started making games.

I once aimed to maing a game called  '  The Lost Empire  ' I got really far in doing this game. I was half way through when I hd to re check what I have done. This was very difficult as I did not have a mind map, recorded. I then messed up big time and was forced to delete it all and start upon more games. These games have not been released.

So weeks of hard work gone all because i did not make a mind map. You would not want that to happen to you now.   Would you ...........

Well I hope you do follow this simple but amazing way to keep track of your game.

Thanks,
danielfrogs

1 comment:

  1. I am saying it now, and I will say it always.

    MAKE A MINDMAP!!!

    If you don't please don't come crying to me, that you have forgotten the map and stuff you have put in to your game.

    This is mostly common sense but it must be done.

    I recommend using mind maple as it is simple and easy to use. The more simple the site, you have more time to code your game.

    Take it from me, I have made this mistake and I have never done it again. And now I can code successful interactive fictions.

    So please, please make a mindmap dedicate a few minutes every time you put in a new room, to add it to your map.

    Trust me, it will help.

    ReplyDelete