Monday 8 April 2013

Sharpen Up Those Skills

As I have not got my laptop as I am having it rebooted back to factory setting I thought I would post something for you to Cary upon. A tip we should say. You may be thinking on ways which you could improve upon the language the computer uses to code and program games. It's sort of like learning a new language, like Spanish, German or Russian. But instead of formal language it's computer programmers one.

So here is a quick easy and fun way to sharpen your skills on inform 7.

Step 1
Read all of the posts my blog even IMF you have read them before. Read all, every single word. This will make sure you get used to reading all of the passage. This is a very basic skill you NEED to know, in inform 7.

Step 2
Using a new inform 7 game, call it sharp up. Using the techniques I have said in previous posts, make a game including all. Even add a map of your game. This is also in my log. But you won't miss it as you will read it all.

Step 3
Play your game many times. Read all of the text n your game you have made. To ensure no mistakes are made. Remember this game is just for practise so don't publish it. If there is any minor spelling mistakes. Correct them.

Step 4
Ask a friend to play it and see what they think. If its boring not many people will enjoy it. But if its packed with objects rooms, and interesting things people will want to play your game.

Step 5
Experiment, new things. I don't knows. Just do what you mind tells you to do. See if it works and play away.

Step 6
The last step, get some sleep. If you start to get tired. Just save your work and carry on the next day. Do this whenever you start to get tired. You might muck up your writing and will have to write it again. If you ask me, this is important.

Do this again every month or week. It's up to you.

This will help you sharpen your skills, using inform 7.

Thanks,
Danielfrogs

No comments:

Post a Comment