Tuesday 23 April 2013

How to Get Your Inform 7 Game Out There

I recently got this question through to me.

"I have now just completed my game. Now how do I get people to play it?"

Well, I say very good question. Lot's of people have been asking this for about a couple of weeks now, and it got me thinking. And I came up with some amazing tips for you to get your game out there.

You may think this is simple but honestly, and truly speaking it can get difficult. I am being honest, it can. So please take your time with this and soon, if your lucky your game could be featured around the globe.

So first things first, have I completed my game.

Before ever launching the game publicly (publishing) Check to see if there is any type errors, or if anything can be improved upon.

'Believe it or not, this is the most important step. If your game has errors in it or something is not working correctly. The chances are the people playing these games will more likely leave.'

Use sites to advertise it. To do this I recommend going to a friend's site. (Or if they have not got any) Become a guest poster on another site. All it needs is a single word and a few shares and it can get around fast.

It is sort of like a tree, going off in different directions, the branches of the internet. People share it once. Their friends may share it and so on.

Publishing your completed game is the easy step but to get people to even know the game, never mind SEO (Search Engine Opt) is quite a tricky task. But the key is, to keep it slow and steady and don't rush.

After you have done the above, I would set up a Twitter, Facebook or Google + account. This means you can like it yourself, this is the first step of the tree we mentioned earlier.

Now for the final and most important step of all the others. Get your friends to write a review and post it on various sites. (Preferably gaming ones). This will give your game a very good incite, before they have even played it. You can also write one yourself.



Now you know all of that, time to talk about SEO.

SEO stands for search engine opt. This just means, that search engines like Google and Bing will pick up that your game actually exists. Like for instance, my blog '   Inform 7 Guide   ' is picked up first on Google, but only second or third on Bing. To see this just type on Google   '   inform 7 guide blog   ' and it will appear.

To get your game to the top or at least on the first search page. I would recommend doing the above more than once or twice, even three times. The more hits you have on your game, it will gradually climb to the top. Thus giving you even more views and gamers playing it.

So that's all from me and please give it a go.

Thanks,
danielfrogs

No comments:

Post a Comment